12.15.2010

Beauty In Dance

I found this extremely gorgeous picture on @JudyUcheee tumblr page. I had to blog about the beauty that I saw when I laid eyes on this photo. First of all it's a black ballerina. That in itself is stunning. The grafitti on the wall implies that maybe she lives in the hood. Maybe in Harlem. (Ok, maybe not, but it's my blog & my vision. So HA.!) She's one of the few who understands both worlds. On one hand you have the urban life. She listens to Jay-Z, Fabolous, T.I. know all of the latest dance steps and fit in with the urban community. Then you have the artsy world. Probably attends a performing arts school in uptown New York. Understands that it's okay to be educated and cultured. You can tell from her defined physique that she is passionate in what she does. That is many years of practice. Her solemn expression implies that this is her escape from the burdens of life. She is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment