9.23.2010

Exhale

I place my head in my hands & exhale. I recognize the silence that fills the room. His presence is like that of Mother Nature's monthly gift. You're relieved that it's there yet disgusted by it. We don't speak the words that we both are thinking for actions are still speaking louder than words. He clears his throat as if about to spill the best explanation his male-minded mind could conjure. He doesn't. Tears roll down my cheeks & he catches a glimpse of them. He exhales deeply. We are no strangers to this situation. Not at all. See, we've been here before many times before and I'm sure we will be back here again. I cry & I cry. Finally he hugs me & I cry even harder. He places his chin atop my head while caressing my arm. Still weeping I melt into him. How can he be the cause and the cure? How does that work? Why ust he be so smooth? Kissing away my tears. I surrender. I place my head in my hands & exhale once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment