2.02.2011

Black History Month

So February 1st marked the first day of "Black History Month". What is Black History Month? It's The Man's way of tellin black people that they still own us. If you believe that your history can be mashed into 28 damn days you are indeed a fool. Our history is American history. & I think that our people should educate themselves about it ALL year! My ancestors didn't give 28 days to this damn country so why are they subjected to 28 days on the calendar?



Blood, sweat, tears, & flesh were put into this country founded on lies & betrayal. I wish a would be so ignorant as to tell me that all of the work and achivements of my people are only worth 28, 29 on a leap year, days out of 365(366). Inventors, Authors, Singers, Poets, Activists, Leaders, Actors/Actresses, Doctors, Engineers, C.E.O.'s, Directors, Musicians, Mechanics, Lawyers. To give 28 days to such greatness is absurd. Educate yourself everyday. Not just the 28 of the month of February.





Love being black...my black is definitely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment